French fries are a delicious dish loved by both young and old. We can buy them in virtually all fast food outlets, but it’s much better and healthier to prepare them yourself at home. However, frying them in a pan is very impractical. Much faster and more convenient to make them in a modern deep fryer. How does an air fryer work?
Air fryers – tyes
Modern deep fryers can be equipped with a fat-free frying function and can be divided into:
- deep fryer with baking function
- fat free fryer
That is why the producers decided to meet these fears and equipped modern fryers with the function of baking or frying without using fat. Let’s see what the principle of their operation is.
Fat-free fryer – how it works
No more deep-frying french fries! The fat free fryer prepares them with hot air. Its operation resembles a convector oven. The fries don’t fry, they bake in hot air, making them perfectly soft inside and crispy on the outside.
The device is equipped with a special system that distributes hot air very quickly and evenly throughout the interior of the fryer. In this equipment, we will prepare not only fries, but also vegetables or meat – evenly distributed air will make the dish bake exactly on each side.
How does the deep fryer with cooking function work
The deep fryer allows us to prepare French fries with much less fat than in the traditional way of preparing them. So it can be said that such a dish is healthier and more valuable.
Pour much less oil than usual into the deep fryer and then start the cooking function. Inside the fryer chamber, oil-soaked air circulates quickly, frying the fries in it
Because our fries were not soaked in oil, they are definitely less greasy. Still, they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. They also have a better smell than French fries prepared according to the classic method. This is due to the smaller amount of oil that is burned in the traditional way of frying.
Fat free fryer – which one to choose
When choosing a fat-free fryer, there are a few things to note:
- Power – the greater the power of the device, the faster we will prepare fries. Remember that low power devices may not bake food. It’s best to choose a fryer with a power from 1200 W to 2000 W, which can handle both fries, vegetables and meat.
- Basket capacity – in stores you will find deep-fryers of various sizes, from 1 to 5 liters. If we prepare fries for 1-2 people, a small basket is enough, but if we prepare them as an addition to dinner for the whole family, it is definitely better to choose a larger capacity
- Temperature range – the deep fryer allows baking at a temperature of 50 to 230 degrees Celsius. The possibility of adjustment allows you to adjust the temperature to the type of food we prepare or to the degree of baking that suits us.
- Fryer price – prices for this type of equipment vary. We’ll buy the cheapest fat fryers for up to $ 100. The more additional functions we are interested in, the more expensive the device will obviously be.